Search This Blog

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Cool stuff in the Mojave Desert! - Amboy Trilobite Roadtrip

and now for something completely different...

My fellow geek friend Reela and I are headed for a trilobite hunt tomorow. A good hobby for a couple of geeks that need a break from staring at our monitors.

Our quest for info on this was pretty extensive and pretty much google-based.


This site has a great write-up from start to finish on how to find some trilobites.

The Bureau of Land Management has some good info on the area as well. Lots of rockhounding and even some gold out there as well. But heed the laws regarding claim jumping!

I'm looking forward to checking out Roy's. I'm betting this place will come in very handy for us. Not too many gas stations in the middle of nowhere.

Yep, it is the middle of nowhere. This google map is proof of that.

I'll follow up later with our results.

2 comments:

  1. Please be careful out there. I love you, Mikey! Love always, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John, your advice is much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete