Search This Blog

Sunday, May 21, 2006

MY BROWSER OPENS TOO SLOWLY!!!!

I know this has happened to you. You are away from your computer, having a conversation with someone and you think to yourself, "I've got to google that later..." But by the time you get to your computer and open up the web browser you've completely forgotten what it is you were going to google! UGH! What's worse is that, you KNOW there was something you wanted to look for and thought to yourself at that moment "that would make for some good surfing later..."

This is my biggest computing pet peave right now!

I've come up with a couple thoughts on how to help overcome this. But I'm still looking for a good solution so please post ideas, I'm going nuts here....

On my browser, I set the start page to blank. The reason for this is because it used to be one of my webmail pages. Of course when it comes up with that, I'm going to log in like I have a million times before and start browsing my spam. Of course, this distraction kills any chance of me remembering what the heck it was I opened the browser for in the first place.

I've also played with the idea of keeping a voice recorder on me at all times so I can take notes during my day. But even though I think this makes sense, when I first tried it, I was ridiculed unrelentingly because I was trying to 'look cool'. Plus I never got into the habbit of checking my voice recorder so months later I finally did google how much tickets were for that concert that was last week.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas. Maybe I need to upgrade again because if my web browser loaded just half a second earlier, maybe I'd remember what it was I wanted to look for.

Hey John, how about a Walleteer for this??

2 comments:

  1. I come up with many things and ideas to google while on my daily commute. Even thought I have a handheld computer in my purse that I could scratch notes on, I never check it later. Usually, if I scrawl a note on a piece of paper, I'll see that later.
    I usually end up looking up many real estate ideas this way. Go figure, as I commute past all the new housing developments. What's more, as I am nearing work, the mind thinks, "If we lived here, I could have been in bed for 20 (30, or 40) more minutes." And, we'd be closer to civilization....

    I'm confused to why you would have a blank home page. Why not have google as your home page? I have noticed that having my google/ig page can have the same or worse distraction as having webmail, but classic google should actually help, not hinder the memory process.

    Time for bed so I can get to my commute early in the morn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I can only fix my typos if I am a manager of this blog....
    well, there are typos above, so live with them...

    ReplyDelete