Search This Blog

Saturday, March 17, 2012

new iPad initial observations

I've now had a day to use this new gizmo and, wow, it looks and feels great. In my opinion, it's all about the combination of the amazing new display and the unrivaled touch accuracy on that screen.

If you are into taking pictures, making videos, or playing games, you will definitely see and feel the difference. Going back to another device will be difficult because all you'll see are those little jaggies you never noticed before. In fact, I'm noticing a lot of iPad apps have jaggies in them because they haven't updated yet. It's a little odd when they mix text with graphical text objects (like a button in an app). Time for the app developers to do some updating.

It is fast. I haven't noticed a lag yet.

The battery life seems great. I've played a lot of 3d action games today and as of right now I'm at 76% on the iPad as I write this post. Very impressed here.

The only drawback I've noticed is some fatigue in my fingers. I went from the original iPad to the new one. This may sound odd but I think this one might be a little thin for my hands. I might go out and buy one of those big grippy cases like OtterBox Defender Series for The New iPad 3 3rd Generation & iPad 2 - Black
And as an added bonus, with this case I can drop it too :)



--UPDATE-- just wanted to mention that full Siri was not included on the new iPad. I think this might just be because the Apple servers can't handle the increased data traffic load yet and I expect to see it soon, but I am missing Siri on this iPad. The voice dictation is very cool though.

No comments:

Post a Comment